[ntp:questions] Meinberg - GPS170PCI - ntpdate for step sync?

Thierry MARTIN thierry-martin at ifrance.com
Fri Jul 13 06:50:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

> ntpq -gq -c /etc/ntp.boot

That's the way I did (see my previous post).

The problem is I have to support the case where I have no internet
connection.
So GPS is the only time source and it takes more than one minute for
'ntpq -gq -c /etc/ntp.boot' to complete.
That is too long for a service startup script.

Also Martin Burnicki (from Meinberg) recommanded to use the mbgsetsystime
utility which is much faster.

/ Thierry

slrnf9cg0s.cip.kostecke at stasis.kostecke.net...