[ntp:questions] New Windows NTP Installer available

Heiko Gerstung heiko_removeme_.gerstung at meinberg.de
Thu Jul 26 15:03:38 UTC 2007

Hi Gurus of Time!

I am very happy to announce that we just released a new stable version of our
NTP Installer for Windows, including ntp-4.2.4p3 and openssl-0.9.8e.

The new version includes - besides the current ntp-stable version - a number of
nice new features:

- silent/unattended install (see
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/readme-ntpinstaller.htm for instructions how
to use that feature)
- checks for Windows Firewall settings (on XP SP2, 2003 and Vista) and offers to
add an exception for NTP (opening UDP Port 123)
- now is digitally signed by Meinberg (the installer executable and the included
ntp binaries)

A few minor glitches have been fixed (and others have been probably added ;-))
and I would definitely recommend everybody to upgrade. Everybody? Well, if you
still run Windows/NT, you should stick with the fluxcap-v2 version. Simply
because 4.2.4p3 contains a bug which prevents it from working on NT machines.

You can get it here: (Meinberg NTP Download Page)
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

[Shameless Promotion]
While you are on our download page: Please try our nice NTP Time Server Monitor
application. It is free and has been greatly improved over the last weeks.
Things like sending SNMP traps or very convenient debugging features (you have
never seen peervars being presented like this) should tempt even the most
addicted ntpq users :-)

Oh, yes, of course it is free :-)

[/Shameless Promotion]

Best Regards,
  Heiko

P.S.: This release is named Foehr, after the German island of Foehr. I went
there on vacation after I put this release together. If you are interested, just
drop me a mail and I provide you with more information about this nice little
place :-)