[ntp:questions] New Windows NTP Installer available

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 08:03:28 UTC 2007

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
> Hi Gurus of Time!
>
> I am very happy to announce that we just released a new stable
> version of our NTP Installer for Windows, including ntp-4.2.4p3 and
> openssl-0.9.8e.
> The new version includes - besides the current ntp-stable version - a
> number of nice new features:
>
> - silent/unattended install (see
> http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/readme-ntpinstaller.htm for
> instructions how to use that feature)
> - checks for Windows Firewall settings (on XP SP2, 2003 and Vista)
> and offers to add an exception for NTP (opening UDP Port 123)
> - now is digitally signed by Meinberg (the installer executable and
> the included ntp binaries)
>
> A few minor glitches have been fixed (and others have been probably
> added ;-)) and I would definitely recommend everybody to upgrade.
> Everybody? Well, if you still run Windows/NT, you should stick with
> the fluxcap-v2 version. Simply because 4.2.4p3 contains a bug which
> prevents it from working on NT machines.
[]
> Best Regards,
>  Heiko

Heiko,

On Windows 2000 Workstation the upgrade files-only installation fails
with:

  The ordinal 3837 could not be located in the dynamic link library
LIBEAY32.dll

Setup: ntp-4.2.4p3-RC1 at foehr-o-win32-setup.exe works fine.

The upgrade worked OK on some Windows XP Pro systems and one XP Home
system.  Intentionally, not tested on NT4.

Cheers,
David