[ntp:questions] Autokey client

Stephen Yu syu at symmetricom.com
Fri Jul 27 17:59:35 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have the following question: can one ntp client create associations
with multiple autokey servers? If so, how can I set up my ntp.conf?

For example, I have two ntp autokey server each has its own password.
Let's assume the most simple PC identity scheme. As I understand it, the
ntp client should add the following lines:

server <ip address> autokey
crypto pw <serverpassword>

This works with one autokey server (I verified it worked). However, am I
allowed to add the second one? I can add

server <ip address2> autokey

However, what to do with the 'crypto pw <...>'. Also, the
ntpkey_host_`hostname` and ntpkey_cert_`hostname` can link only one
server.

Any clarification is greatly appreciated.

Stephen