[ntp:questions] Initialize NTP request

Dreamchaser NoSpam at Fake.net
Mon Jul 30 01:00:30 UTC 2007

I'm sorry if this not the correct newsgroup, but I'm not sure which one
it would be.

I am working on an implementation of NTP for an application that I am
writing. I can't figure out how to get a response from a NTP server on
the Internet (time-a.nist.gov). I have read through the RFC on the NTP
protocol and still can't figure it out. The RFC says to send a request
to the server to get a response...Ok...What is the request? With a TCP
connection just the fact of opening the connection is the request But
with UDP I realize that I have to send something to get a response.

Can anybody help? Thanks.

DC