[ntp:questions] New Windows NTP Installer available

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 19:45:56 UTC 2007

Heiko Gerstung wrote:
[]
> A 3 minute re-install would fix this, just backup your config file,
> uninstall your old installation of ntp, reinstall ntpd using the new
> foehr installer and copy your ntp.config file to the etc subdirectory
> of your NTP installation.
>
> Best Regards.
> Heiko

Heiko,

Yes, I did a re-install today, without the Replace Files Only option, and
everything seems fine.  It's not a 100% fresh install as I copied the
existing drift file and loopstats, but the SSL DLL error is gone, and the
drift file and loopstats are updating correctly.  The previous install
probably used the System account rather than the new "ntp" account.

This was on Windows 2000 Professional, using the download on your Web site
this afternoon.  All seems to be OK.

Cheers,
David