[ntp:questions] statsdir defaults to /var/NTP

David Woolley david at djwhome.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 16:29:13 UTC 2007

In article <466C1597.1050007 at comcast.net>,
Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Acronyms, such as "NTP" are customarily written in upper case!

NTP is an initialism, not an acronym.  Real acronyms, in English, are often
written in lower case.

In any case Unix file names are not English, and there is a strong preference
for lowercase, because it is easier to type.

Yes I do know that there is a perennial debase about whether initialisms
are really acronyms, or whether that is just a popular misconception.
I believe the Oxford Engish Dictionary is on my side.