[ntp:questions] Driver Help?

Greg Dowd GDowd at symmetricom.com
Thu Jun 14 19:34:39 UTC 2007

==============
Maybe.  I guess much will depend on how much work this ends up being, or

whether it can be done at all.

If Multitech comes back with something productive in the way of support,

then its pretty easy (e.g. a firmware change that gives me a "spit on
second mark" option)

This is not all that far-fetched, as they already have several deferred
commands in the modem that come back asynchronously - its a matter of
them wanting to do it as opposed to being able to do it.

And they DO have control of the modem control signals of course, so PPS
isn't impossible either, although that might be a bridge too far.

I guess we'll see...... I may abandon this if I can't get Multitech to
get involved in it, or I may see if I can get it to work without their
"help".

--
Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net)
http://www.denninger.net

I seem to remember somebody already made a cdma timing receiver based on
the multitech.  I don't know who the company was but the Multitech rep
mentioned it in passing.  I have one of these boards so I'm interested
in your results.  As for the Endrun, it is not fair to compare their
solution to a module.  There is a big difference between a packet based
query of time of day and a disciplined local oscillator with mgmt, etc.