[ntp:questions] (Software) timeserver for windows being broadcast-able incl. keys

Richard B. gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 16 15:10:30 UTC 2007

Erik wrote:
> [...]
<snip>

>>Note that the ntp.conf file allows comments.  Comments should be used
>>liberally to document what you did, why you did it, and perhaps even
>>when you did it.  Unless you have a perfect memory you will need to
>>refer to those comments sooner or later.  Even if you do have a perfect
>>memory, someone else may need to understand what you did and why
>

> Agree, yet file was not created by me, but I guess I have to suffer
>
> Thanks
> Erik

I was really writing about eliminating future suffering.  There is a
good chance that someday, someone else will need to understand how your
NTP subnet is configured.

Do something like this.

#
# Authentication parameters
#
keys /etc/inet/ntp.keys
trustedkey   4 5 6      # Used by Servers A, B & C respectively
controlkey 3            # To access the ntpq utility
requestkey 2            # To access the ntpdc utility