[ntp:questions] NTP over DRM: RDS on FM only accurate to 100ms and no tracability mechinsim exists

Max Power mikehack at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 21 07:38:08 UTC 2007

NPR stations that use RDS are only accurate to within 100ms, due to RDS's
time transmission design flaws.
No accuracy or traceability mechanism exists for RDS-TC (Time Clock, or TS:
Time Service) service.
IP packets are of no meaning here, RDS cannot really encapsulate them.

This is a non-TCP_IP use of NTP.

NTP is a data transmission format for time separate of its IP4 and IP6
multihop measurement mechanisms.

NTP over DRM: http://hireme.geek.nz/NTP.html