[ntp:questions] Inexpensive OEM GPS units?

Wesley J. Landaker wjl at icecavern.net
Sun Nov 11 03:20:16 UTC 2007

Can anyone give me some suggestions on inexpensive (< $100) OEM GPS
units that support NMEA and 1PPS for use with NTP? Or any non-GPS
hardware clock sources that anyone can suggest?

I am already aware of the Garmin GPS 18 LVC, which seems the most
promising, but I'd like to know about other options if they exist.
Doing random web searching online for a few hours has mostly found lots
of more expensive alternatives--I'm just trying to find out what is out
there in the same or better price range.

Also, is there any place online that keeps an up-to-date list of this
kind of thing? The NTP wiki seemed like a likely spot, but there wasn't
much info about actual hardware.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl at icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl at icecavern.net>