[ntp:questions] drift file set to -500

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Nov 28 20:01:06 UTC 2007

Kev,

Do I recall you said you were using HZ=60?  If so, I recommend trying HZ=100
instead.

If you look at your logfile output, are you seeing time steps of
approximately the same amount at approximately the same time intervals?

If not, you probably have interrupt or BIOS or some other external problem,
because your time "skews" are non-uniform.

If so, you want to look at the 'tickadj' program.  There is also a script in
the NTP distribution called calc_tickadj that might be helpful.