[ntp:questions] Research Project - NTP and evolution

James Charters chartster at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 3 07:09:16 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am a university student undertaking a small undergrad project on NTP/SNTP.
I was wanting to know about any sources pertaining to the evolution of NTP,
particularly any showstopper flaws / security issues in versions up until
v3.

Also, is anyone aware of whitepapers etc on the NTP implementations in
Windows and Linux, specifically in their compliance (or non-compliance) to
the protocol spec?

If anyone could help out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.