[ntp:questions] Getting clock from OSA SASE 5548B

Heiko Gerstung heiko_removeme_.gerstung at meinberg.de
Wed Sep 12 06:51:49 UTC 2007

Hi Miroslaw,

the problem with E1 is that it can only provide a frequency/clock and not the
current time of day and date. Even if you would have the chance to divide the
2,048 MHz into a 1PPS, it would not be aligned to the edge of the UTC second and
comes up with a new arbitrary offset of 0-999 microseconds every time it is
powered up.

If they would be able to supply a (UTC aligned) 1PPS, that would be nice. I am
sure that the OSA box has something like that.

Best Regards,
  Heiko