[ntp:questions] Problem with time synchronisaton

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 06:34:57 UTC 2008

David J Taylor wrote:
[]
> By the way, that query doesn't work for me, so are you sure that
> server is running NTP?  Do you have permission to access it?  You
> might be better off with "pool" servers:
>
>  0.pool.ntp.org
>  1.pool.ntp.org
>
> Cheers,
> David

Oops, I see you are using the Australian pool servers.  However,
0.au.pool.ntp.org didn't answer my ntpq, and 1.au.pool.ntp.org returned
incomplete data, so I would still check the servers carefully.  They are
(should be) dynamically allocated, to load balance.  Check network
connectivity first.  You can add the iburst qualifiers for faster initial
sync.

  server   0.pool.ntp.org   iburst
  server   1.pool.ntp.org   iburst

David