[ntp:questions] frequency adjusting only

maxime louvel m.louvel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:25:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have know run a lot of tests.
Just to let you know what I've got so far.
I have tried NTP, and NTP + PTP (Precision Time Protocol).
I haven't tried Chrony nor TSClock.
I have used the software only implementation of PTP (ptpd).

With NTP only I have got an accuracy around 1ms,
with one node synchronising to public NTP server, the others nodes
synchronising to it with PTP I got 10 usec (between the nodes).
I haven't used any hardware support (not GPS,PPS, for PTP).

I might try the other solutions, if yeI do I'll send an email to complete
the results.

Anyway guys,

thanks very much for all your answers, I have learned a lot.

Maxime

--
Maxime Louvel
0044 7964 5555 80