[ntp:questions] Windows built-in SNTP/NTP clients

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Tue Aug 12 07:32:47 UTC 2008

Peter Laws wrote:
> Can someone post a list or point me to one, that shows which versions of
> MS-Windows have decent NTP clients?  I know that NT/2K/XP does not but what
> about W2k3, '2k8, etc?

None have decent ones.  W2k3 SP2 has a fair one, and some people say
this extends back to the unservice-packed version.  Presumably later
versions have, at least, the same software.

I'm not aware of any built-in versions interpolating clock ticks and I'm
not aware of any of them supporting any of the management interfaces,
but I've not had sufficient hands on access to say these with absolute
certainty.

I believe that all of them require explicit configuration before they
will make proper client requests.