[ntp:questions] ntpdate.c unsafe buffer write

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Feb 12 03:22:59 UTC 2008

Serge,

Interesting script - thanks.  Would you like me to put it in the
distribution?

This brings up an underlying question.  It is possible for events to unfold
in a way that while in state 4, events will be such that there will be
future wiggles.  Some of them may even take us out of state 4.

Agreed?

If so, what benefit do we get by using the script to delay things while we
are waiting for a slew to finish while in state 4?

What difference does it make if the system in question is an client as
opposed to a server?

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!