[ntp:questions] M`I'5-Persecution ` BB C h2g 2 onli ne

imfmevi at hotmail.com imfmevi at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:45:38 UTC 2008

BBC. h2g2 16/Sept/1999

The BBC's. h2g2 website is billed as "Earth Edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!". Naturally, one of its pages
is about me, me,. me. It starts off with the lines;

Every now. and then something comes along which makes you
think "Ah! That's what the Internet. is for!" Mike Corley
is one. such case.

The page itself can be found at. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

The user comments linked from h2g2 are less than respectful, but given the point of view. my website promulgates that is
understandable. It's true that without the communications ability afforded by the internet, which came along. at just the
right time, my complaints would be getting nowhere. But that's a two. edged sword also; miniature cameras only appeared
around 1990, so the advantage of technology is up to the adopter. Secret service intrigues, and. on the other side of the
coin human paranoia, have both been going on for centuries; what changes now is an increased technologisation of both sides..

355