[ntp:questions] poll interval - RFC compliance question

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Jun 15 06:35:27 UTC 2008

David> Harlan Stenn wrote: []
>> David, you participate here a fair amount.  Are you satisfied with the
>> "state" of NTP?  Is this involvement of yours (just) a personal choice or
>> do you have other reasons for being interested in NTP?
>>
>> If it's more than a personal project for you, what are *you* doing to
>> help the project flourish?

David> Thanks for your clarification of the "NTP Forum" status.  As a
David> private individual, I cannot afford corporate membership level fees.

No worries, and this thread has, so far, been addressing *institutional*
memberhsip of the NTP Forum, not *individual* membership in that group.

David> I am simply interested in helping people deploy NTP on client systems
David> as widely as possible, as I feel that good timekeeping is beneficial
David> to us all (when diagnosing fault chains, for example).  I have no
David> business or commercial interest in NTP.

Understood, and I appreciate your efforts.

I just wanted to be clear that I was addressing issues faced by
*institutions* when using NTP, and their needs are different from those of
*individuals*.

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!