[ntp:questions] Interface IP address Change.

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Sun Jun 29 17:48:33 UTC 2008

Kiran Shirol wrote:

> In one of my setups with just one interface I had configured ntp server.
> Everything works fine till here. Now I change the IP address of the
> interface

Interface addresses aren't supposed to change, not just for ntp.  You
will probably also confuse named.

> My question is How can I make NTP automatically detect this change and
> rebind
> upon the change in the IP address of the interface ?

I believe some work has been done on working round broken ISPs who
deliberately, or otherwise, misoperate DHCP.  I'm not sure what state it
is in, but you should certainly be using the very latest release
version, if not a development version.

You are, of course, welcome to submit a patch to the source code.