[ntp:questions] pool configuration directive on Windows

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:30:58 UTC 2008

On Mar 4, 10:29 am, Martin Burnicki <martin.burni... at meinberg.de>
wrote:
> The keyword "pool" has been introduced in the development branch of NTP
> (ntp-dev, v4.2.5), so it is not supported in ntpd v4.2.4p4 which is the
> current "stable" version.

Ahh... it is on Dave's udel documentation page, so I figred this
feature was "released". While it is not practical to go back in
history, it might be nice to have footnotes that relate specific
functionailty changes to specific versions in the documentation.

The page I am talking about is http://www.cis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/manyopt.html.
A footnote that says "introduced in version 4.2.5" for the pool scheme
would be helpful. I guess you can comb the release notes, but working
backwards that way is much more difficult for the end user.