[ntp:questions] question about DST

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri May 30 20:36:04 UTC 2008

> From: Unruh <unruh-spam at physics.ubc.ca>
> Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 20:10:19 GMT
> Sender: questions-bounces+oberman=es.net at lists.ntp.org
>

> asraikhn at gmail.com (Asrai khn) writes:
>
> >Note: please reply to me direct as i am not subscribe to mailing list.
>
> It is not a mailing list, it is a news group. Keep coming back for
> information.

No. It is both a mailing list and a news group. A great many of us have
abandoned usenet and read this via the mail list. I assume Asrai sent
his question to the mail list. You read it via the news group. Since you
ignored his request to copy him, he will never see your response of:

> 1. Is it possible to adjust only the ntp server for DST thing and let all
> other machines automatically get the new time from ntp server?

No. NTP knows nothing about DST. It operates in UTC.

> 1.1. If not do I have to adjust all machine clocks manually?

What operating system?

--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)