[ntp:questions] question about DST

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Fri May 30 20:52:45 UTC 2008

Asrai khn wrote:

> In this regards I have few questions how to make ready our ntp server which
> is serving all our machine

There is nothing that you can do to NTP, as it does not deal with
anything but UTC.

> All machines using local time not UTC.
>
> 1. Is it possible to adjust only the ntp server for DST thing and let all
> other machines automatically get the new time from ntp server?

No.

> 1.1. If not do I have to adjust all machine clocks manually?

Except for MS-DOS, you should be able to update them all in advance of
the change, although, in some cases, you may need to reboot.  I wrote
more detail about this in reply to a similar question very recently, so
please read the archives.

In the mean time, you may find <http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm>
helpful.

Unfortunately, you don't identify your country, and your name is not one
whose language I recognize, so I cannot, easily, check that the Olson
timezone data has been updated, or whether Microsoft have issued an
official update.  In both cases, you can update the data yourself,
although, if the Olson data is not correct, they should be informed.

As others have hinted, if you are paying for support for any OS, the
vendor should be providing the necessary procedures.