[ntp:questions] ntptime says that clock is unsynchronized

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 09:47:19 UTC 2008

2008/11/11 David Woolley <david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid>:
> BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
>
>> disable kernel
>
> ntptime reports the state of the kernel time discipline. This options
> prevents the use of the kernel time discipline.  You should not expect
> expect useful information form ntptime when using this.

Then why doesn't ntptime tell me that the kernel time discipline is
disabled? I would expect the output of the program to be somewhat
consistent even if the feature itself is disabled. But I've also run
the same tests on a machine without "disable kernel" and the same
thing occurs. The maximum error kernel variable rises to 16384000 us
at a speed of about 500 us per second and then the UNSYNC flag gets
set.

--
mvh Björn