[ntp:questions] autoconf minimum version and NTP

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Nov 25 20:24:16 UTC 2008

Richard> Harlan Stenn wrote:
>> Folks, NTP currently requires autoconf-2.53.  I am thinking that if we
>> can bump the minimum version to 2.60 I can do some useful housekeeping in
>> configure.ac .  Anybody have an opinion on this?

Richard> Is autoconf-2.60 generally available for ALL platforms??

To the best of my knowledge, if a platform supports older autoconf it should
support newer autoconf.  The newer autoconf might want to have a "more
recent" m4, but again, that should be trivial.
--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!