[ntp:questions] list posts in UTF-8

Rob van der Putten rob at sput.nl
Mon Oct 27 15:56:55 UTC 2008

Hi there

David J Taylor wrote:

> Thanks, Uwe.  If there's a setting I have wrong, I'll gladly alter it.

Google;
Outlook Express, missing "charset=";
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.sys.hp.hardware/2005-09/msg00167.html

<Quote>
Your posting uses local language characters like u+umlaut, but
it does not contain the required MIME headers which specify the correct
character set (probably ISO-8859/1). You can fix this as follows:

Tools -> Options... -> Send -> News Sending Format -> Plain Text
Settings... You probably have "Message format" set to "Uuencode" (which
is some stupid OE default). If so, set it to "MIME", set "Encode text
using:" to "None" and do *not* set (i.e. no tic-mark) "Allow 8-bit
characters in headers".

You may want to set the "Mail Sending Format" the same.
</Quote>

Regards,
Rob