[ntp:questions] Looking for clean C source code of algorithms in RFC 1305

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Tue Sep 30 22:10:21 UTC 2008

Micky wrote:
> On Sep 30, 4:38 pm, David Woolley

>> I thought there was only pseudo code in RFC 1305, not C code.
>>

>  It has both.

As far as I can tell, the C is in a non-normative appendix, and is
probably just an extract of an early version of the V3 reference
implementation, which has been thrown in to help clarify the formal part
of the specification.  If you want the formal definition of the
algorithms, you need to use the pseudo-code.  If you want a self
contained C code implementation, you need to look at the reference
implementation.

I must admit I had never noticed the C before, as it a long way from the
important parts of the document.