[ntp:questions] NTP - orphan mode with SAME stratum ("tos orphan 6") FAIL to sync.

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.co.uk.invalid
Mon Apr 6 22:18:35 UTC 2009

Steve Kostecke wrote:

> "Sync" is usually defined as "calculating the offset between a clock and
> a reference standard, stepping or initiating a slew to correct the

I doubt that many would consider the initiation of a slew as being
synchronised.  I would suggest most people would define synchronised as
being when one achieves a high confidence that the error will not
subsequently exceed their required maximum error, in the short term and
will have a very low proportion of times where it will in the long term