[ntp:questions] Intended design: leap bits 00 during freq_mode?

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Apr 7 20:29:57 UTC 2009

Dave,

The leap bits are set the first time a valid update is received and the
clock is set. If the NMEA driver provides thethat  update, it will set
the server leap bits. The leap value 11 is set only before first
synchronized and never set back to that value after that. Whether or not
in FREQ state has nothing to do with leap bits.

Dave