[ntp:questions] Seeking help configuring GPS refclock

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 09:53:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Rich Wales<richw at richw.org> wrote:

> How do I change the baud rate on this device?  I tried a $PGRMC command
> with the tenth parameter equal to 5 (19200 baud), but it had no effect.
> I also tried connecting (via "cu") at different baud rates, and issuing
> commands (thinking it might autodetect the speed of received data), but
> that also didn't change anything.

After instructing it to use a different baud rate, you have to reset
the device for it to take effect, either by issuing a reset command,
or by power cycling it.  Also, once you have it talking at a rate
other than 4800 bps, you'll need to inform ntpd to open the port at
that rate by using an appropriate mode value on the server
127.127.20.1 line.  Note the mode value is a combination of sentence
selection bits and a bit rate selection, see driver20.html for
details.

Cheers,
Dave Hart