[ntp:questions] A question about the NTP delay time formula

David Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Aug 13 14:28:34 UTC 2009

Ulrich,

Wonderfully rude of you to point that out, but you are absolutely
correct. I have no interest whatsoever in maintaining NTPv3, which so
far as I am concenred has been obsolered by NTPv4 since 1998. The IETF
has bottled up the NTPv4 spec for almost four years; I would be very
interested in errata reports on the draft, but it has been reviewed by
dozens of follks and I have responded to each and every one. As for
rfd1305, if somebody spots an errort, please report and post an errata
update. I am not interested in doing that myse.

Dave