[ntp:questions] Win2k3 Server as NTP server?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Mon Dec 7 06:55:07 UTC 2009

"Why Tea" <ytlim1 at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:42f094fd-c09f-4e4b-9ee8-ab2b843e1ecc at k13g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
[]
> 1) Has anybody used Windows 2003 as an ntp server and
>    is happy/unhappy with it?

I am happy with Windows 2000 and Windows XP - Windows Server 2003 is a
hybrid of those OSes and I would /expect/ it to be fine.  I've been using
a serial GPS/PPS source as my primary reference.  How many clients are you
expecting to serve?

> 2) If I were to do a trial run of ntpd on Windows 2003, how do
>    I measure its ntpd performance in order to make a
>    judgment?

I use MRTG, Meinberg's monitor, and my own NTP Plotter package.

> 3) I've downloaded the Mienberg ntp package and installed
>    it. How I judge it's performance?
>
> Thanks for all suggestions/advice.
>
> /Why Tea

See: