[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP monitor, silly question

G8KBV g8kbv at nospam-uko2.co.uk
Sun Dec 20 11:43:36 UTC 2009

In article <7044cbe1-a247-4921-a392-ee0b1dd5a705
@g26g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, eugenemil at sbcglobal.net says...

> On Dec 19, 6:32 pm, G8KBV <g8... at nospam-uko2.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi All..
> >
> > A silly question if I may, and yes I've been poking arround the Meinberg
> > website and forum for hours, and can't find the answer.  Likewise the
> > (non existant) help within the program, though I'm *sure* I've seen text
> > on this somewhere, but can't find it at the moment.
> >
> > Re the status column in the 'NTP Status' tab.
> >
> > I think a * means that this server is being used as the reference.
> > + signals a posible candidate for use as a reference.
> > - = will not be used (for whatever reason)
> >
> > But what does 'o' mean?
> >
> > I have now successfully (I think) got the local NTP server program
> > ticking along in sympathy with a GPS receiver with PPS, but though the
> > address 127.127.20.2 shows with a '*' (and is coloured green)
> > The 'Server' PPS(2) shows with the 'o' status, and though green in
> > colour, I cannot find out what that status flag means.
> >
> In the "NTP Status" tab, click on the "Legend" button in the lower
> right hand corner.
>
> Regards,
> Gene Miller

Spot On Sir!

Silly me, my eyes must have been painted on!  In fact, I hadn't realised
that button was there at all, bottom right is sort of "out of the way".

Thanks for the pointer, wrist duly slapped!

Dave B.