[ntp:questions] My extra second ...

George R.Kasica georgek at netwrx1.com
Thu Jan 1 12:56:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 07:43:13 GMT, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-part.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:

>Laws, Peter C. wrote:
>> I enjoyed my extra second, how about you?
>>
>> I was amused that WWV announced that it was *going to* happen in the
>> 4th minute ... after the insertion.  :-)
>
>Well, thankfully it was a complete non-event here:
>
>  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/ntp-events.htm#2008-12-31
>
>My thanks to those who wrote the GPS & PPS code, made the Windows
>leap-second code, and made the Windows port available.  It all went
>without a hitch.
>
>I see from another list that even Apple.com had a server which missed the
>leap-second....
>
>Thanks, and a Very Happy New Year!
Maybe thats' what started killing the Microsloth Zunes earlier in the
day ?? LOL (Just kidding - very glad I don't work for MS right now)
--
===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 677 0766
President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
georgek at netwrx1.com
ICQ #12862186