[ntp:questions] ntpdate refusing ntp.nmi.nl

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Jan 7 19:42:32 UTC 2009

>>> In article <20090107165847.GM20948 at vanheusden.com>, folkert at vanheusden.com (Folkert van Heusden) writes:

Folkert> Hi, It seems the Dutch NMi organisation (which is the time
Folkert> reference for the Netherlands) has an NTP-service as well. Now I
Folkert> tried retrieving the time with ntpdate (just to see if it was
Folkert> reachable) but ntpdate refuses it.  Using the regular ntp daemon
Folkert> works fine. Could someone enlighten me why it is refused? I mean:
Folkert> "has gone too long without sync" seems a little odd as it is
Folkert> supposed to be connected to real atomic clocks.

Have you tried the new sntp code instead of ntpdate?

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!