[ntp:questions] ntpd IPv6 support on Windows?

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 04:44:23 UTC 2009

On Jan 12, 6:52 pm, ma... at ntp.isc.org (Danny Mayer) wrote:
> We won't be supporting IPv6 on Windows
> 2000, it's just too difficult to deal with from a support point of view.

OK, Windows 2000 is too difficult to deal with from a support point of
view.  Why on earth have we been talking about late-binding IPv6 APIs,
then?  Just build a binary that requires WinXP/Windows Server 2003 or
later by using getaddrinfo as usual, thereby requiring ws2_32.dll
export it for ntp binaries to load at all.  Boom, you've solved your
Windows NT and Windows 2000 support problems for good.

Dave Hart