[ntp:questions] leap_add_sec still being advertised ?

Ronan Flood usenet at umbral.org.uk
Wed Jan 14 11:07:41 UTC 2009

"Q" <.. at ..> wrote:

> I would of thought that a S1 server with an S0 GPS device would of been
> 'quite' by now. We shall see what happens come the end of the month.

If it only had the refclock configured it probably would be.  The problem
comes from peer servers which pass the leap bits around, as mentioned
upthread.  I cleared our stratum-1s down yesterday and reduced the peer
set to just those showing leap=00, but leap_add_sec crept back in from
somewhere.  I've cleared them down again and further reduced the peer set.

I believe that using the NIST leapfile will be easier in ntpd-4.2.6,
so hopefully there'll be less of this next time.

--
Ronan Flood <usenet at umbral.org.uk>