[ntp:questions] Local (own site) NTP servers.

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 17:38:33 UTC 2009

David J Taylor wrote:
> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> []
>> The Solaris systems are part of my home lab.  I run S8, S9, and S10 on
>> three Ultra 10s.  I have RHEL V4 running on an OLD PC.  I have OpenVMS
>> running on a DEC Alpha.  My "desktop" is a PC running W/XP.
>>
>> When I need to do something I can generally find a system that will
>> help!
>
> Fascinating, Richard.  I had an opportunity to have a real VAX (microVAX
> II, IIRC), but I really couldn't find the space or the electricity!
>
> Cheers,
> David

Well, this house has four bedrooms.  We only need one to sleep in.  The
other three provide an office/study for me, the same for my wife and a
computer room.

AIRC, the MicroVAX II occupied about as much space as a large suitcase.
I don't recall how much power it needed; only that it used a standard 3
Prong "U-Ground" plug.  My VAXstation 4000/VLC meets my needs for a VAX.
There's a uVAX 3100 around here somewhere; I suppose I ought to sell it.
I don't use it for anything and it's not likely that I will.