[ntp:questions] .1 Microsecond Synchronization

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Fri Jun 5 22:58:33 UTC 2009

> > No it requires the network to send the time when requested. Eg,
> > Rogers in Canada (GSM) does deliver the time but I have no idea
> > what its accuracy is.

> How dumb...  something like time-of-day should be broadcast just
> like cell broadcast and everyone would be able to receive it without
> any requesting.

For some reason, that one used to be able to dial a number to hear "At
the tone, the time will be ..." springs to mind.  And makes me wonder
if that service still exists today.  Phones have voice recognition in
them today (at least some) right?  It wouldn't be GPS PPS - but
perhaps one could call it POTS PPTS (Pulse Per Ten Seconds).  :) :)

rick jones
--
I don't interest myself in "why." I think more often in terms of
"when," sometimes "where;" always "how much."  - Joubert