[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP Software--Time Accuracy

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 20 18:42:54 UTC 2009

In some science working I'm doing, I need subsecond accuracy for
timestamps.  I was told the s/w in the Subject will do the trick. Maybe
someone has used it before. I have little to go on, but installed it
successfully yesterday--I think. I gave it the tick.usno.navy.mil NTP server
name, and that finished the install. After
a minute of looking at my clock, there was no change. It happened to be
maybe 30 sec off according to my atomic clock.  What mechanism do I need
to use to truly get it started? I don't think what I did showed it was
adjusting my clock at all.

I gave it one NTP server, as above, but probably need more. It allows up
to 9. I'm on the west coast, California.

There doesn't seem like much beginner support at their web site. None?
See download page at <http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm>

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>