[ntp:questions] Can or should the NTP protocol eventually serve timezone data?

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 13:15:54 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 5:45 PM, <jimp at specsol.spam.sux.com> wrote:
> Yeah, for the entire planet.
>
> How many changes have effected YOU since 1976?

Most of them have affected me or my organization. If you use any form
of calendaring-enabled appliaction (Exchange, Notes, Google calendar,
WebEx, SAP, whatever), time zone changes in far-off parts of the world
can indeed affect you.

We have customers in Australia, so we need updated timezone data on
all of our machines and calendaring applications to handle their
changes as well as those in the USA. Otherwise meetings/conference
calls/whatever we schedule with them could appear to be one hour off
to the recipient.

--
RPM