[ntp:questions] Meinberg NTP Software--Time Accuracy

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Wed Jun 24 05:07:29 UTC 2009

John Hasler wrote:
[]
> You may find Ntp running on one of their mail or DNS servers, though.

Yes, my ISP has that, as well as "official" NTP servers, but at one stage
they were not well maintained.  In the UK and Europe, I can recommend
servers at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester Universities, and that at
Trinity College, Dublin.  Check the lists for access policies, of course.

Your ISP may call the servers ntp0.isp.com ntp1.isp.com rather than a
plain "ntp".

BTW: I tend not to trust servers which don't answer an "ntpq -p <server>"
request, but that's probably just me!

Cheers,
David