[ntp:questions] Mixed maxpoll values for mixed LAN/Internet servers - sensible?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.neither-this-bit.nor-this.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 07:47:13 UTC 2009

Harlan Stenn wrote:
[]
> Appreciated, and again, I was speaking to an audience that included,
> but was not limited to, you.

Thanks, Harlan.

I welcome the efforts to put NTP on a sounder financial footing.  The best
I can do with the companies I work for is to make them aware of NTP, which
I do.  None have sufficiently time-critical applications, nor are they
rolling in money, so getting anything out of them is unlikely.

I was feeling attacked on all fronts yesterday - Steve telling me that I
had been "complaining", when I had not, and then you listing many things I
had already done or tried to do!  Perhaps today will be better?

Cheers,
David