[ntp:questions] NTP sync problem. "no server reachable"

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 06:47:18 UTC 2009

On Mar 9, 4:56 am, ma... at ntp.org (Danny Mayer) wrote:
> You are going to need the query-on configuration option that I am
> developing. The problem is that it is sending out the query via the
> wrong interface. The query-on option will control which one you want it
> to use. It's not yet available and you will need to upgrade when it is.

The OP noted he could see the packet exchange happening.  It is not a
connectivity problem or a problem with NTP trying to force a query out
the wrong interface.  It is simply that when both servers are
reachable, there is no overlap in their confidence intervals, so the
client cannot choose and freewheels.

Cheers,
Dave Hart