[ntp:questions] http://www.ntp.org/ => a blank page?

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 9 17:58:44 UTC 2009

David J Taylor wrote:
> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> []
>> Where, other than your ISP, would you go for DNS?  If you are a home
>> user what choices do you have?  If you are responsible for a
>> multi-user site it may make sense to operate your own DNS?  I'm
>> working from a two-user site and using my ISP's DNS.  I'm paying
>> Comcast for internet access and I consider name service to be part of
>> the package; so, evidently, does Comcast.
>
> I don't trust my ISP, so I use OpenDNS, as do many others.....
>
> David

I've been using Comcast for five or six years now without a problem!  YMMV.

I could set up my own DNS server but what would be the point?  A hosts
file provides the addresses of the nodes on my RFC-1918 private network.
The rest of the world, I would have to get from Comcast in any case.
Certainly, I could cache the addresses I use frequently on a DNS of my
own but Comcast already provides this service.