[ntp:questions] Setting the COM port for the NMEA driver

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid
Sat May 9 15:24:59 UTC 2009

Folks, I made some tests with various settings for the NMEA driver and the
results are here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTP-on-Windows-serial-port.html#usb

Maarten's guess about how to specify the COM port was correct (thanks),
but setting a port above COM3 failed, so I have created bug report 1183.

Just discovered an "Advanced" button on the Device Manager, Properties,
Port Settings dialog which /appears/ to let me set COM2, but that's still
not working with NTP.  Perhaps it's reboot time...

Cheers,
David