[ntp:questions] Monitor of NTP service

Todd Glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 23 21:12:28 UTC 2009

aluciani wrote:
> Hello Folks.
>
> I have several AIX Unix 5.2 serves that point to a Cisco router as the
> NTP time source.

I would say thats a pretty insecure idea...

> Is there any way I could monitor the time source and against the
> servers to ensure that they are in sync?

You could run a NTP infrastructure hierarchy with an external or
internal reference device depending on what type of evidence you need to
create *(if any). NTP wasnt designed as a strong-evidence source but
rather a calibration tool so it needs to be coddled to make it create
really reliable forensic evidence but hey - no problem.

Todd