[ntp:questions] help with setting up NTP on windows with a USB GPS

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk.invalid
Thu Nov 26 19:49:38 UTC 2009

"jack" <> wrote in message
news:c9339bbd-a773-44dc-92af-261308e3e284 at 31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com...
> David,
>
> I read instructions on your web site especially the section on USB GPS
> receivers. Version 4.2.4 dated March 15 2009 is the latest on Dave
> Hart's website. Why do you get 4.2.5 from?
>
> jack

Jack,

Sorry for any confustion.  On this page:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/NTP-on-Windows-serial-port.html#usb

it says: "Tested with Dave Hart's: ntpd 4.2.5p161...".  There are a
variety of 4.2.5 development versions here.  I would normally go for the
most recent.

  http://www.davehart.net/ntp/win/x86/

  http://www.davehart.net/ntp/win/x86/ntp-4.2.5p246-RC-win-x86-bin.zip

My thanks to Dave for making these Windows versions available for testing.

Cheers,
David