[ntp:questions] help with setting up NTP on windows with a USB GPS

jack j.jack.wang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:05:59 UTC 2009

I manged to start ntpd by delaying it at bootup. However, when
examining the status by ntpstatus, I can see that the GPS park works
but the PPS source was not updated (with jitter and offset all zero).
If I restart ntpd, everything works. Any idea? I will try to run the
debug version now.

State	Remote		Refid	Stratum	Type		When	Poll	Reach	Delay	Offset	Jitter
*	127.127.20.1		GPS	0	Local clock	4	16	377	0.000	-0.208	0.064
 	PPS(1)		        PPS 0 	Local clock	11	64	0	0.000	0.000	0.000

In ntpd.conf, I have

server 127.127.20.1 minpoll 4 prefer
server 127.127.22.1 minpoll 4

GPS is attached to COM1.